Current Vacancies – Library Interns
The Steve Biko Centre is a National Legacy Project, initiated by the Steve Biko Foundation. Officially opened on 30 November 2012, the Centre is a non – profit company inspired by the legacy of the late anti-apartheid activist. The Foundation seeks to fill the following and the person will be based at the Centre Library:
The purpose of this opportunity is to provide training and development to young people.
Job description: Library Intern
- Providing a basic information service to Library users;
- Generally helping and advising researchers regarding the retrieval of information and the effective use of the Library;
- Cataloguing books, pamphlets, maps, and other Library material such as oral history CDs, audio books, videos, and DVDs;
- Processing of Books;
- Assist in making sure that the collection is in good order;
- Assisting users of the Archive;
- Assisting in the sorting of archival collections and
- Duties as delegated by the Librarian
Applicants should preferably be from Universities around the Eastern Cape doing their fourth year.
- A university degree plus a postgraduate diploma in Library/Information Studies, OR, a BBibl Degree
- Demonstrable skills in cataloguing a range of library material
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office)
- Demonstrable skills in relating to and communicating with a wide range of library users, and the ability to work enthusiastically as a member of a team of colleagues
- Proficiency in English and one other official language
- A covering letter with motivation explaining interest
- A detailed CV to email@example.com or by fax to 086 617 0114
- 3 contactable references
- Interested candidates must be between the ages of 18-35.
- Deadline for applications is the 14th March 2017.
- For additional information, you may contact Ms. Ndumie Ramokolo on 043-605-6700
PDF version here: Library Intern Opportunity